Society of Plastics Engineers
The Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE) is an international organization dedicated to the advancement of knowledge and education for all plastics professionals. The SPE was founded in 1942. Today it is home to more than 20,000 plastics professionals in the United States, and more than 70 countries around the world.
The organization is divided into five parts: local and geographical sections, technical divisions, staff, volunteer leadership, and student organizations. There are also groups which are under formation, such as Sections in Formation (SPE Sections) or Special Interest Groups (SPE Divisions.) Sections exist around the world in over 70 countries. Sections publish local news letters as well as organize technical and social meetings.
Members of the SPE are also members of one or more of 26 specific technical affiliations. Affiliations include processing techniques, analysis, material specifics, markets, job function, and others. The Divisions are varied and include areas such as Blow Molding and Extrusion to types of plastics like Vinyls or Thermosets. 14 groups exist for the interest of development of new technologies or special interest areas that may at one point become a Technical Division. Locations without an active SPE Section that have formed a core group of interested members and potential officers are known as SIFs or "Sections in Formation."
The Society holds an "Annual Technical Conference" or ANTEC for short, each spring. Usually the meetings are in early May in various locations around North America. The meeting includes the largest presentation of peer-reviewed technical papers about plastics in the world, with usually over 700 submissions in sessions running all day from Monday thru Wednesday afternoon. The 2016 ANTEC was held in Indianapolis from May 22 through May 25.
- Shenzhen top five mold manufacturers: how plastic products are processed and produced?
- Shenzhen Ideal Vowin mold manufacturer: how to effectively improve the precision of mold processing?
- Chrome plating, a process that makes cars stylish
- Six injection molding processing technologies for home appliance plastic products
- Advantages and disadvantages of injection molding vs blow molding
- What is automotive hot stamping and molding technology?
- What is the difference between a hot runner and a cold runner in the mold?
- Automotive stamping die in large, precision and other areas of progress is obvious, the rapid development of plastic and rubber molds
- The top ten problems that are likely to occur in the mold testing process
- How to improve the quality of mold parts?