CNC machine tool monitoring by AE sensors
CNC machine tool monitoring by AE sensors. Machine Tool monitoring system is flow of information and system processing in which the information selection, obtaining data,processing of information and decision making on the refined information are integrated. The aim of tool condition monitoring is to detect early the disturbances in the machining process and wear of machine tool components. The condition of tool has been researched extensively in the past and have focused on detection of tool wear, tool breakage and the estimation of remaining tool life.It is very important for on-line identification of tool condition in machining process for enhanced productivity, better quality of parts and lower costs for unmanned, automated manufacturing systems.
Techniques of machine tool monitoring
Machine tool monitoring can be done with or without additional sensors.
Using additional sensors, monitoring can be done by measuring:
- the cutting force (with a multi-channel table dynamometer or rotating dynamometer)
- vibration amplitude using multi-channel accelerometers
- audible sound from the machining process
- high-frequency sound or acoustic emission
Sensor-less machine tool monitoring is done by measuring internal drive signals such as:
- feed motor current
- spindle motor current
- spindle power
- What affects injection mold machining accuracy and productivity?
- Shenzhen top five mold manufacturers: how plastic products are processed and produced?
- Shenzhen Ideal Vowin mold manufacturer: how to effectively improve the precision of mold processing?
- Chrome plating, a process that makes cars stylish
- Six injection molding processing technologies for home appliance plastic products
- Advantages and disadvantages of injection molding vs blow molding
- What is automotive hot stamping and molding technology?
- What is the difference between a hot runner and a cold runner in the mold?
- Automotive stamping die in large, precision and other areas of progress is obvious, the rapid development of plastic and rubber molds
- The top ten problems that are likely to occur in the mold testing process