what is Surface integrity?
The surface integrity of a workpiece or item changes the material's properties. The consequences of changes to surface integrity are a mechanical engineering design problem, but the preservation of those properties are a manufacturing consideration.
Surface integrity can have a great impact on a parts function; for example, Inconel 718 can have a fatigue limit as high as 540 MPa (78,000 psi) after a gentle grinding or as low as 150 MPa (22,000 psi) after electrical discharge machining (EDM).
- Top 10 Rapid Molding service manufacturer
- Metal injection molding
- Hot Runner Technology for Bio-Resins
- Supply of Imported Vehicles Still Goes down in the Chinese Market
- Why GM dealers have a chance to shine
- Hot Runner Application Review Leads to Successful Processing
- Stainless Steel Fork mold
- Plastic Injection Mould for Home Appliance Parts
- Home Appliance Plastic Injection Mould/Molding for Cleaner Mould
- High Quality Pei Plastic Mould Injection Parts Factory