Electrek Podcast: Tesla Semi scares diesel industry, Tesla fires, several new EV prototypes, & more
This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including Tesla Semi scaring the diesel industry, a few new ‘Tesla fires’, several new electric vehicle prototypes are unveiled, and more.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
The show is live every Friday at 4pm ET on Electrek’s YouTube channel. Head to the YouTube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5pm ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio will be available on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://electrek.co/podcastRSS. For the Apple Podcasts app, grab the quick link to iTunes here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla Semi is not impressing the diesel truck industry, ‘where’s the proof?’, they say
- Tesla fires:
- Tesla’s deliveries grew 139% in California, resulting in a massive amount of ZEV credits
- Tesla says labor hours have decreased by 30% on Model 3 production, reportedly had to ‘rework’ most cars in record week
- Tesla Gigafactory 1 now employs over 3,000 workers as it becomes biggest battery factory in the world
- Tesla starts expanding its massive solar array at Gigafactory 1
- Tesla expands solar roof tile installations to the Northeast
- Jaguar confirms production of all-electric version of the E-type with I-Pace technology
- Hyundai Kona Electric gets official EPA range of 258 miles and efficiency of 120 MPGe
- Audi unveils new all-electric supercar prototype with solid-state batteries, 570 kW power and 800-volt charging system
- Infiniti unveils new daring all-electric speedster car prototype
- Kalashnikov unveils an electric retro-looking car, claims it competes with Tesla
- Q-Yachts wants to be ‘Tesla of the Seas’, delivers first all-electric day cruiser yacht
- Ford recalls 50,000 charging cables delivered with its electric vehicles due to fire risk
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4pm ET (or the video after 5pm ET):
- The advantages and characteristics of China's mold
- Top 10 Rapid Molding service manufacturer
- Metal injection molding
- Hot Runner Technology for Bio-Resins
- Supply of Imported Vehicles Still Goes down in the Chinese Market
- Why GM dealers have a chance to shine
- Hot Runner Application Review Leads to Successful Processing
- Stainless Steel Fork mold
- Plastic Injection Mould for Home Appliance Parts
- Home Appliance Plastic Injection Mould/Molding for Cleaner Mould