CHJ Automotive to unveil first range-extended electric SUV model in October
Shanghai (Gasgoo)- Chinese EV startup CHJ Automotive (CHJ) will officially launch its first model, a range-extended electric SUV, on October 18, according to local media.
Targeting the Tesla Model X and the Lexus RX450h, the 5-meter-long new model, which is expected to be delivered in the second half of next year, will be available in 6-seat and 7-seat layouts with the presale prices under RMB400,000.
The new model is driven by a range-extended electric system that offers a long distance trip of over 700km on a full charge when the fuel tank is full. Besides, the EV model will feature a personal account system like Apple ID and be supportive of OTA (over-the-air) upgrade.
It is rumored that the new EV model might be manufactured by Lifan Motors, who announced in early September that it will rent the plant, public facilities and assisted living facilities at CHJ's Changzhou car manufacturing base and rebuild the workshops of stamping, welding, painting and assembly there. Involving a total investment of RMB 1.818 billion, the program aims to form an annual capacity of 100,000 units of range-extended all-electric SUVs, which makes the conjecture that Lifan Motors will produce the new model for CHJ plausible.
- Top 10 Rapid Molding service manufacturer
- Metal injection molding
- Hot Runner Technology for Bio-Resins
- Supply of Imported Vehicles Still Goes down in the Chinese Market
- Why GM dealers have a chance to shine
- Hot Runner Application Review Leads to Successful Processing
- Stainless Steel Fork mold
- Plastic Injection Mould for Home Appliance Parts
- Home Appliance Plastic Injection Mould/Molding for Cleaner Mould
- High Quality Pei Plastic Mould Injection Parts Factory