Volkswagen first volume hybrid SUV for China to hit market in October
Shanghai (Gasgoo)- SAIC Volkswagen's Tiguan L PHEV (plug-in hybrid electric vehicle), the Volkswagen's first volume HEV (hybrid electric vehicle) model in China, is expected to go on sale on October 19 after it was unveiled at Chengdu Motor Show 2018 kicking off on August 30. The presale price for the model is ranging from RMB299,800 to RMB309,800.
The Tiguan L PHEV retains the design theme from the existing fuel-burning model. The intake grille features a brand new design with a badge of “PHEV” at the upper place and the silver chrome trims at the lower part. In addition, the area of fog lights for the existing model is replaced by the air vents and chrome trims, which deliver a more aggressive visual effect.
The new PHEV model measures 4,712mm in height, 1,839mm in width and 1,673mm in height with a wheelbase of 2,791mm, keeping the same as the outgoing model.
The new model boasts an interior layout of simplicity and generosity. Unlike the fuel-burning model, the PHEV version carries the buttons of all-electric mode and GTE mode (the "GT" stands for Grand Tourer and the "E" for electric). Besides, users can check the battery level from the instrument panel.
Powering the PHEV SUV is a plug-in hybrid power system consisting of a 1.4L turbocharged engine and electric motors. The 1.4T engine is able to generate a maximum power of 110kW and peak torque of 250 N·m and the top power output for the electric motor is 85kW. Such powertrain will give the vehicle a combined fuel consumption of 1.9L/100km and a range up to 52km under all-electric mode.
- The advantages and characteristics of China's mold
- Top 10 Rapid Molding service manufacturer
- Metal injection molding
- Hot Runner Technology for Bio-Resins
- Supply of Imported Vehicles Still Goes down in the Chinese Market
- Why GM dealers have a chance to shine
- Hot Runner Application Review Leads to Successful Processing
- Stainless Steel Fork mold
- Plastic Injection Mould for Home Appliance Parts
- Home Appliance Plastic Injection Mould/Molding for Cleaner Mould