Injection blow moulding performed with a single tool
Moulding machine supplier Engel Austria has announced that a joint development project with Italian toolmaker Cantoni, Abbadia Lariana, has resulted in a combined injection moulding and blow moulding process in one mould on one injection moulding machine that significantly reduces time and costs in the manufacture of cosmetic, drug, and food containers.
Blowing past tradition
The injection blow method is said to have a cycle time of under 14 sec. for the manufacture of wide-necked jars on a 90-tonne clamping-force Engel victory injection moulding machine in a 2+2-cavity mould from Cantoni. "Traditional methods simply cannot match the production efficiency of injection blow," Engel said. Preforms normally have to be made using injection moulding first and then subjected to a second process on a blow moulding machine before they become a final product, but the new method allows small ready-to-use containers to be manufactured in one process, the machine builder noted. This combination method is said to be the first of its kind available on the market.
- Shenzhen top five mold manufacturers: how plastic products are processed and produced?
- Shenzhen Ideal Vowin mold manufacturer: how to effectively improve the precision of mold processing?
- Chrome plating, a process that makes cars stylish
- Six injection molding processing technologies for home appliance plastic products
- Advantages and disadvantages of injection molding vs blow molding
- What is automotive hot stamping and molding technology?
- What is the difference between a hot runner and a cold runner in the mold?
- Automotive stamping die in large, precision and other areas of progress is obvious, the rapid development of plastic and rubber molds
- The top ten problems that are likely to occur in the mold testing process
- How to improve the quality of mold parts?