Injection blow moulding performed with a single tool
Moulding machine supplier Engel Austria has announced that a joint development project with Italian toolmaker Cantoni, Abbadia Lariana, has resulted in a combined injection moulding and blow moulding process in one mould on one injection moulding machine that significantly reduces time and costs in the manufacture of cosmetic, drug, and food containers.
Blowing past tradition
The injection blow method is said to have a cycle time of under 14 sec. for the manufacture of wide-necked jars on a 90-tonne clamping-force Engel victory injection moulding machine in a 2+2-cavity mould from Cantoni. "Traditional methods simply cannot match the production efficiency of injection blow," Engel said. Preforms normally have to be made using injection moulding first and then subjected to a second process on a blow moulding machine before they become a final product, but the new method allows small ready-to-use containers to be manufactured in one process, the machine builder noted. This combination method is said to be the first of its kind available on the market.
- Top 10 Rapid Molding service manufacturer
- Metal injection molding
- Hot Runner Technology for Bio-Resins
- Supply of Imported Vehicles Still Goes down in the Chinese Market
- Why GM dealers have a chance to shine
- Hot Runner Application Review Leads to Successful Processing
- Stainless Steel Fork mold
- Plastic Injection Mould for Home Appliance Parts
- Home Appliance Plastic Injection Mould/Molding for Cleaner Mould
- High Quality Pei Plastic Mould Injection Parts Factory