BMW posts flat profit as investments erode margins
Despite a 7.1 percent rise in sales for BMW, Rolls-Royce and Mini-branded cars, the return on sales at BMW's automotive division fell to 8.5 percent from 9.1 percent a year earlier.
BMW said the dip in profits was mainly attributable to higher personnel expenses as group staff increased by 3.6 percent, and due to changes in the model and regional sales mix for cars.
BMW said sales conditions in the United States, a market where sales of highly profitable sports utility vehicles has been strong, had become "volatile" in the third quarter, leading sales in the Americas to slump 3.6 percent.
BMW said third-quarter earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT) were 2.38 billion euros ($2.64 billion), in line with the 2.37 billion-euro consensus estimate in a Reuters poll.
- What affects injection mold machining accuracy and productivity?
- Shenzhen top five mold manufacturers: how plastic products are processed and produced?
- Shenzhen Ideal Vowin mold manufacturer: how to effectively improve the precision of mold processing?
- Chrome plating, a process that makes cars stylish
- Six injection molding processing technologies for home appliance plastic products
- Advantages and disadvantages of injection molding vs blow molding
- What is automotive hot stamping and molding technology?
- What is the difference between a hot runner and a cold runner in the mold?
- Automotive stamping die in large, precision and other areas of progress is obvious, the rapid development of plastic and rubber molds
- The top ten problems that are likely to occur in the mold testing process