Moulding tolerance is a specified allowance on the deviation in parameters such as dimensions, weights, shapes, or angles, etc. To maximise control in setting tolerances there is usually a minimum and maximum limit on thickness, based on the process used.:439 Injection moulding typically is capable of tolerances equivalent to an IT Grade of about 9–14. The possible tolerance of a thermoplastic or a thermoset is ±0.008 to ±0.002 inches. In specialised applications tolerances as low as ±5 µm on both diameters and linear features are achieved in mass production. Surface finishes of 0.0500 to 0.1000 µm or better can be obtained. Rough or pebbled surfaces are also possible.
|Moulding Type||Typical [mm]||Possible [mm]|
- Shenzhen top five mold manufacturers: how plastic products are processed and produced?
- Shenzhen Ideal Vowin mold manufacturer: how to effectively improve the precision of mold processing?
- Chrome plating, a process that makes cars stylish
- Six injection molding processing technologies for home appliance plastic products
- Advantages and disadvantages of injection molding vs blow molding
- What is automotive hot stamping and molding technology?
- What is the difference between a hot runner and a cold runner in the mold?
- Automotive stamping die in large, precision and other areas of progress is obvious, the rapid development of plastic and rubber molds
- The top ten problems that are likely to occur in the mold testing process
- How to improve the quality of mold parts?