what is blow molding?
Blow molding (BrE moulding) is a specific manufacturing process by which hollow plastic parts are formed and can be joined together: It is also used for forming glass bottles or other hollow shapes. In general, there are three main types of blow molding: extrusion blow molding, injection blow molding, and injection stretch blow molding. The blow molding process begins with melting down the plastic and forming it into a parison or in the case of injection and injection stretch blow moulding (ISB) a preform. The parison is a tube-like piece of plastic with a hole in one end through which compressed air can pass.
The parison is then clamped into a mold and air is blown into it. The air pressure then pushes the plastic out to match the mold. Once the plastic has cooled and hardened the mold opens up and the part is ejected. The cost of blow moulded parts is higher than that of injection – moulded parts but lower than rotational moulded parts.
- Top 10 Rapid Molding service manufacturer
- Metal injection molding
- Hot Runner Technology for Bio-Resins
- Supply of Imported Vehicles Still Goes down in the Chinese Market
- Why GM dealers have a chance to shine
- Hot Runner Application Review Leads to Successful Processing
- Stainless Steel Fork mold
- Plastic Injection Mould for Home Appliance Parts
- Home Appliance Plastic Injection Mould/Molding for Cleaner Mould
- High Quality Pei Plastic Mould Injection Parts Factory